Kitchen fires remain as the leading cause of home fires. This kitchen fire in an apartment complex in Scranton was caused by the tenant leaving the stove unattended while cooking. Thankfully he was prepared and was able to extinguish the flames with a ABC rated fire extinguisher saving further damage.
While the flames caused significant damage in the kitchen area the rest of the apartment suffered smoke and soot damage and a top down clean using chemical sponges is required prior to sealing and painting. Protein/food fires are especially troublesome to clean and calls for a professional restoration company like SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge.
SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was called by the property manager to restore the apartment and limited the loss of business interruption that the fire caused. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge is Lackawanna Counties leader in smoke, fire and water restoration and cleanup. We are available 24/7/365 even on Labor day weekend. (570) 235-1646