If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (570) 235-1646

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Grease Fire in Peckville.

5/31/2016 (Permalink)

Kitchen Fire in Peckville, Pa.

This kitchen fire in Peckville started when a frying pan was left unattended. The homeowner, in a panic, put the pan in the sink. This caused further damage to the walls and ceiling. You can see where they tried to clean the soot and grease themselves using wet sponges but made the damage worse.

Here is how to put out a grease fire properly:

Step 1: For starters, turn off the burner and get everybody out of the kitchen… if possible, have somebody at the ready to call 911.

Step 2: Stay clear of water… Pouring water on burning grease will instantly evaporate the water, causing tiny oil droplets to disperse throughout your kitchen… and creating a giant fireball that spreads the fire everywhere.

Step 3: Remove the oxygen.

Step 4: This should extinguish the kitchen fire — but if you can’t get the flames extinguished, call 911 immediately and get out of the house.

SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge was called by the homeowner's insurance company to restore the kitchen properly using dry sponges and SERVPRO proprietary cleaning products.

If your Lackawanna County home or business experiences fire damage, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Carbondale/Clarks Summit/Old Forge at (570) 235-1646.

Other News

View Recent Posts